Do you have trouble falling asleep and trying everything to calm down and close your eyes while at least until the morning? Here are a few useful tips on how to achieve it.
Waking up is always at the same time
- It is very important that they at the same time you go to bed, but it's better to have a set rising at the same time, according to J. Kirby Pate, a specialist in Nashville sleep.
Do not panic if you wake up
- I usually sleep in 90-minute cycles, and it is not unusual to wake up after a second, Pete explains, adding that after four to five hours of sleep, dream is no longer to rest.
Continue to dream
Half awake, but at two o'clock in the morning? Woodson Merrell, chairman of integrative medicine at New York's Beth Israel Medical Center, advises
- If you are coming to consciousness, hold on to your dream. Do not let other thoughts come to mind.Or take some homeopathic pills that you will later be hung over, he said.
Alcohol is not a solution
Alcohol may help nakautirate, but it is very likely that you'll soon wake up and then you will not be able to sleep after.
Make yourself a bath
At least one hour before bed, take a bath with scented salts and essential oils of lavender opportunities.
Valerian is an herbal sleeping pill, says Merrell.
- A healthy diet rich in proteins, carbohydrates, a lot of vegetables and fruits in moderation will help you to maintain your balance, says Merrell.
Herbal supplements can also help you relax. As before each use of drugs with your doctor. For some, it will not mean anything in particular, but Rhodiola can help reduce stress, and the Chinese herb that can be found in all health food stores, cordyceps,, makes the body more resistant to the stress hormone cortisol, reworking it better.
Do you take calcium supplements? You will be surprised that calcium contributes to stress.
- When you are nervous, calcium rushes into your cells and suppresses magnesium, says Ashley Koff, Los Angeles dietician.
Calcium and magnesium work antagonistically, so when you are upset calcium excites your cells, and magnesium calms them down. Excess calcium causes your muscles to contract, exacerbating stressful situation.
- For women it is very important to take calcium for bone health, but also increasing your intake of magnesium to calm herself. Magnesium plays an important role in reducing stress, says Koff.